Privacy and Confidentiality Agreement
WEDGETAIL MINISTRIES CLIENT PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
- By participating in Wedgetail Ministries Counselling and Pastoral Care Services you acknowledge and agree to the following privacy and confidentiality principles;
- Wedgetail Ministries operates and is bound under the National, State and Territory laws that apply in Wedgetail Ministries place of operation being Tasmania, Australia
- Wedgetail Ministries abides by the legal requirements of the National Privacy Principles from the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. (Australia)
- This information outlines the type of information that may be collected as well as the ways in which the information may be used and disclosed. Please read the below information carefully and if it is acceptable, submit the client registration consent. The consent is applicable to ongoing counselling and/or support and may cover multiple counselling and/or support sessions.
Personal information may include:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, address and phone number.
- Information about any physical health issues you may have;
- Information about any social issues;
- Information about any emotional issues.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- Personal details enable WEDGETAIL MINISTRIES to contact you in the event of a change of appointment time and to enable us to continue to provide support and counselling in the event of illness or absence of your counsellor. This information will be only accessed by WEDGETAIL MINISTRIES and will always be kept confidential within the service.
- Information collected on physical, social and emotional issues enable WEDGETAIL MINISTRIES to provide high quality, professional counselling relevant to your needs. Non-identifying information collected may be included in statistical reports provided to your Church/ Organisation on a regular basis where your counselling forms part of a whole of Church pastoral care package.
Under no circumstances will your personal information (name, address, phone number, Email) be disclosed except when required by law. Matters that are discussed between you and your counsellor are confidential; this includes your attendance at counselling. Family Members, Pastors, Employers and any other party are not advised of your situation unless your permission is given to do so.
Legal limits to confidentiality
Your counsellor is required by law to report
- current sexual, physical or other abuse of children to Child Protection Services
- elder abuse
If it is judged that you have a serious intention to harm yourself or another person this may also need to be reported.
- All Counselling and Pastoral Support Sessions are subject to this agreement
- If you are unsure about this process, please wait and discuss this issue with your counsellor or email Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Files will be kept for a two year period or as required by law and then destroyed.
©Andrew Jewell – Wedgetail Ministries